Lavender smudge sticks can be burned to attract love, success, money and protection. It is known to help encourage a restful night's sleep as well as peace of mind, relaxation and happiness. Lavender helps restore emotional balance and creates a peaceful, harmonious atmosphere. Lavender also attracts loving energy and angelic beings.
What is Smudging?
Smudging is the quickest way to clear out negative energy from both objects and surroundings. It is one of the oldest and most well-known herbs for energy cleansing your home. Besides removing negative energy, using sage to cleanse a home helps to neutralize the energy of the space, enhancing your intuition. This helps to relieve your worries, open your mind, clear away negative thoughts and feelings and harmonize the body by releasing the stress of your spirit.
The use of sage to cleanse a home is deeply rooted in Native American history. They used sage for many purposes, including healing, energy cleansing, to remove negative energy and ritual ceremonies. Historically, medicine people used sage cleansing on people who were ill, to bring them back from the negative space where their body and soul resided at that point. Today, Native Americans use it in sage cleansing ceremonies for those who are seeking balance and pure thoughts.
Smudging can provide support for:
- Attracting positive energies to you.
- Letting go of negative energies.
- To create/enhance positive energy.
- Cleanse spaces for healing and manifestation.
When to Smudge
When to Smudge
- Whenever you feel negative energy in your home or workspace (after an argument or a difficult day)
- Whenever you need to re-balance your mental body (self-destructive/limiting thought patterns) or emotional body (fear, anger, depression)
- When you desire to let go of/transform any negative energy that is not for your highest joy.
- When you`d like to embrace/ground new positive energies into yourself & surroundings.
- Smudge your crystals, stones, pendulums & tarrot cards to cleanse negative energy & provide fresh clean energy.
How to Smudge
Open your windows so any negative energy can be dispelled.
Light your Sage stick at the top end and then blow the flame out. Let the smoke permeate and cleanse. Waft the sage smoke with a feather or fan so that the smoke cleanses the entire room. Make sure to go to the corners of each room. You can also smudge your body by walking through the smoke and lifting up each foot over the Sage stick. Once done, snuff out the stick in a shell with sand or in a container that is fire proof. The next time you use the stick cut off the burnt edges and light again.
**Please make sure that a smudge stick is COMPLETELY out before leaving the area unattended.
Keep out of reach of children, animals and flammable material.
Setting Your Intention: While you are saging your room or any objects, make sure that you keep a strong and focused intention in mind.
Cleansing Your Objects:
Gemstones, Crystals, Pendulums, Jewelry, Tarrot Cards will work best when they are cleared and cleansed. So, cleanse and activate them often!
Steadily hold each object in the smoke of a burning Sage stick for a few moments.
You will notice an immediate difference to how you and your space feels energetically. Pay attention to the shift as it can be very powerful.
This Lavender Stick is between 10-12 cm long.