Oatmeal Facial Scrub- with Lavender, Chamomile & Geranium
This is my all time favorite facial scrub & mask. It helps to soothe and calm skin while gently helping to exfoliate it. It can be a good solution for those with sensitive skin, but it’s also useful for all skin types!
Oatmeal: I absolutely love oatmeal for the skin. It is soothing and comforting and will help take redness away. People have been using oats for skincare for about 4,000 years. When the oats are finely ground they form what’s called colloidal oatmeal.
There are many proven benefits of oatmeal for skin:
- forms a barrier to protect skin against irritants and balance normal skin PH
- moisturizes skin with water-binding polysaccharides, hydrocolloids, and fats
- soothes itchy, dry skin with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- guards against photoaging (sun damage)
- lowers prostaglandin production and arachidonic acid release
Flowers & Essential Oils: This facial scrub contains both the dried flowers as well as the essential oils of Lavender & Chamomile.
Lavender helps calm the mind as well as the skin and provides healing properties for the the skin. The flowers add extra exfoliation while the lavender essential oil adds concentrated beneficial properties … not to mention both smell amazing!
Chamomile contains Chamazulene, an aromatic chemical compound that possesses anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antispasmodic properties.
Other benefits of Chamomile include:
- Chamomile is packed with antioxidants which helps boost your skin health. It lightens the complexion and also gives you that glow you've always wanted.
- Chamomile helps fade spots, eliminate acne scars and fight breakouts, if used topically, due to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- The powerhouse of antioxidants contained in Chamomile can also protect the skin from free-radical damage. It can accelerate cell and tissue regeneration, help tighten the pores and slows down the ageing process.
Calendula Flower is actually marigold flowers (Calendula officinalis) and has antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial properties that are very supportive to soothing and healing the skin.
Geranium Essential Oil supports the health of the skin cells and ultimately the health of the complexion. It is known to effectively eliminate dead cells and to promote the regeneration of newer, healthier skin, thus benefitting acne-prone skin. Its astringent property helps tighten the skin and to diminish the appearance of the symptoms of aging.
Baking Soda and Himalayan Sea Salt provide gentle scrubbing benefits.
- Baking soda is a very fine powder, so it acts like a microdermabrasion to gently exfoliate the skin.
- Pink Himalayan sea salt nourishes the skin with a wide variety of minerals.
USEFUL TIP: It`s recommended to use this scrub with our eco friendly mask preparation kit. You can mix and apply it without mess and even store any leftover mask to use another day. Just place it in the refrigerator.
Tips for Using the Facial Scrub
- The scrub can also be mixed with aloe vera or honey if preferred. Both of these soothe the skin and help to rejuvenate and calm.
- This also works well as a mask. Simply mix the scrub with the desired liquid until it’s a thick paste, and smooth over the skin. After 10-20 minutes it can be rinsed off with warm water.
Organic Collodial Oatmeal, Organic Lavender Seeds, Organic Chamomile Flowers, Organic Calendula Flowers, Baking Soda, Pink Himalayan Salt, Pure Essential Oils: Lavender, Geranium, Roman Chamomile.
Recycling Rewards Program
Please always upcycle or recycle. Participate in our recycling rewards program and receive credit toward a future purchase by returning your bottle or refill it at a discounted price.
Customer satisfaction is of utmost important to us. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your product please contact us or return the item within 14 days and you will receive a full refund or credit for an exchange.
Directions for Use
Take a few teaspoons and mix together with a bit of water until you get a paste that you can apply to the skin. Gently rub in circles around each area of the face, avoiding the eyes. I love to use this as a mask as well. See useful tips below.
USEFUL TIPS: It`s recommended to use this scrub with our eco friendly mask preparation kit. You can mix and apply it without mess and even store any leftover mask to use another day. Just place it in the refrigerator.
The scrub can also be mixed with aloe vera or honey if preferred. Both of these soothe the skin and help to rejuvenate and calm.
This also works well as a mask. Simply mix the scrub with the desired liquid until it’s a thick paste, and smooth over the skin. After 10-20 minutes it can be rinsed off with warm water.